Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What's next?


My faith has been shaken (not stirred)
My hopes have been dashed.

Why, you may ask?

The blame falls on a seemingly innocent salt shaker.
I have know salt as a food preservative since Washington crossed some river...since before Mighty Mouse was here to save the day. Obviously if salt is a spice that is used in every canned food item in order for said food to be kept edible for decades to come, wouldn't salt preserve itself for at least centuries?

I recently was in a high class restaurant that had a salt shaker in it's original packaging and my friend noticed that it had an expiration date! "Expires 1/2010"
WHAT?!!?
An expiration date? For salt?
That's like giving a Tiger Woods a birthday present...of golf lessons.

Shocking news is everywhere.

Next pizza will be a non-deliverable food item.

No comments: