Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Shaving For a Sunny Day













The sun came out for an all-day appearance yesterday. That big yellow sphere has been MIA lately. So, what would any normal sun-worshipping individual do?
I shaved my legs.
Then I went outside to soak up Mr. Sun's rays for 44 minutes.
This was quite a project (the shaving, I mean, not the sun-soaking).

During the winter I think to myself (because whom else would I think to?), "Self,you have had a tough winter with snow, sleet and freezing rain so you need warmth ~ so keep the home hairs a-growin'."
OK, I didn't think that at all. I was just trying to save time and by-pass the unnecessary grooming so I could spend 3 more minutes watching one of the three daily reality TV shows that I TIVO.
So with a few weeks on slacking off handling the ole Bic razor, I had to first prime the site with a hair removal cream that is used for preparing men related to King Kong for surgery. Then I used a gardening instrument before I finally could see my way to using the shaver.
I know men who want to be well groomed have to shave their cute little mugs daily with some having to manicure around their David Niven mustaches. (actually, I haven't seen that kind of a hair lip since I saw a very bad English play in 1976)
I take pity on them.

What I really don't understand ~ are those guys who don't shave their beard but they shave their odd-shaped dome head.

Ah, well. Another life mystery to be pondered.

No time for that now..the sun is out and we all know what THAT means!

1 comment:

Annie Michael Murphy said...

I'm not sure if this is funny or disgusting...