Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Good Night



It was a GREAT night. I had a chance to watch, listen and thoroughly enjoy my talented nephew Sean Michael Murphy speak at an event last night. I sat next to one of my favorite people in the whole world, Anniebelle ~ and allowed her to make me laugh, as usual.
I also sat next to Kande Wilson, who had just returned from a mercy trip to Nigeria. She recalled how children with aids were living ~ 16 young ones from ages 5-11, in a two room house with no running water and some charcoal outside to use as their cooking arena. I envied Cande's heart to do the work she does.

Sean was effectively communicating about the Love of Our Father is more abundant than we can ever fully grasp...and that He died for us to be free.
Obviously, (to SOME) this Gift is truly remarkable and how can anyone possibly entirely appreciate it? I know I can't. Especially when the biggest complaints that I have had this week included that I was on hold with the cable company's repair department for twenty minutes and I was having to replace a cracked plastic toilet seat cover. Many people don't know what cable TV IS...or TV for that matter...and a toilet would be a luxury..never mind a seat!
The night was so much more than I can type here...suffice it to say, I'm glad that I went. It put a lot of PERSPECTIVE in my life that I pray I can hold on to for a long while.

And to think that today I was going to write about Dr. Phil and his oh-too-white teeth that are so bright I had to wear sun-glasses to hear him spew his "sage" advice. I kinda wanted to ask him about his "pearlies" and maybe just say, "What were you thinking?"
But I decided on the perspective subject instead. At least he HAS teeth.

No comments: