Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cry-Baby?



Yesterday one of my nearest and dearest friends (or "former" friend)told me that I was the biggest "ball-baby" she ever knew.
She makes fun of me because I DO maybe cry at silly times..like
Super Market grand openings (cutting that ribbon is SOOO emotional for me!) and the receipt of free address labels sent by my favorite charity.
On this occasion I had gotten a little misty-eyed because my (former) friend's two year old had brightened her day by surprising her by a spontaneous
"I love you"...well, that sparked memories of when her husband was just 3 yrs old and he used to say that to my Mom & Dad, who happened to be their grandson.

Well, that lead to me thinking of how much I missed my Mom & Dad & brother and so I had a very fleeting moment of being choked up. Ok, maybe it DID last five hours ~ but it was cathartic.

I always have and always will have slippery, well-oiled tear ducts. I guess that means I feel stuff. I will continue to get a lump in my throat when I see the color guard march to the National Anthem...I will still shed a little tear when given a nice greeting card...and I will continue to love it when anyone tells anyone else at a time of need, that they love them.
There's nothing greater!

I would go on but my keys are a little slippery and my glasses are fogged up.

No comments: