Monday, February 20, 2006

Copy Cat


Ok, here I am blogging. I am just a big ole copy cat. I really love reading my nephew's blog (google Sean Michael Murphy for fun near-daily reading). So does that mean I think I can blog? Yes! This is so cool. I just sit and type my stream of conciousness (or lack thereof) and I'm not in front of an audience who can instantly start throwing fruit or marshmellows at me! (yes,that did occur with one outdoor melodrama I was in. Iliterally waspelted with marshmellows..kinda degrading...must have been for my fellow-actors lack of realism)
But I am not only a copy cat with this blog-stuff. If I hear about symptoms of a disease, I instantly acquire over 50% of said symptoms. Yesterday I rented the movie, The Doctor. Great movie from 1991. William Hurt plays an obnoxious, cocky,heart surgeon who gets cancer of the vocal cords. He is constantly clearing his throat in the movie and eventually loses his voice. Well, don't 'cha know that today I awaken with the worst sore throat I've ever had. I'm sure that at any minute I will start to cough up a little blood just like you-know-who.
And here is another annoying copy thing I do. If I am around ANY foreign speaking individual, I start to talk back at them in their same brogue, accent or dialect. (I don't mean to, I promise) The other day I was at a deli and theguy serving me was Canadian and I said, "I'm sure this roast beef is fresh, eh?" He said escitedly like he had et a fellow country-person) , "are you from Canada?" Dang! I was caught! I just said, "No, but I have a lot of friends who are!" He gave me a disappointed look.
Copy-catting isn't all what it's cracked up to be. But I'm still gonna blog.

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of plagiary
-Jim Carey

He said that when they made Dumb and Dumberer - the sequel to his movie "Dumb and Dumber" and other actors played the parts that he and Jeff Daniels had played in the first movie. The irony is that he made a living for a long time imitating people...and was praised by critics for imitating Andy Kaufman in "Man on the moon"

Either way...I'm glad you're bloggin'