Sunday, March 02, 2008

Email Spam-a-lot


We all deal with the ignorant emails offering us such "opportunities" as an unsecured credit card with a $50,000 limit only to find out it is a shopping card inviting you to buy from a catalog that feature products that are four times the cost of what you can find at Odd Lots...or how about the $50,000/minute job working 12 minutes a week from home? Gosh, what would happen if I worked 24 minutes? How would I spend all that money?

Of course I can't believe I am related to so many people who have died in a tragic accident in Nigeria (the "accidents vary from a remote-controlled toy plane crash to a cooking session gone hay-wire), but these misfortunes somehow manage to leave me as the only person who can handle the $12 billion dollar estate of my Great Uncle Utu...but I need to send $12,000 so armed guards from Africa can come deliver the money. Hmmmm...

The best junk email that I have had the fortune of receiving was the "opportunity" to earn big bucks to help others become protected from "spammers".
Come on now...a spam email asking me to help put them out of business?
Isn't that kinda like asking Donald Trump what a good hair piece looks like?

I think my spam filter is on vacation.

No comments: