Monday, March 05, 2007

Attention policemen! Healthy donuts are here!


Krispy Kreme has come to our rescue! They have invented a whole wheat donut that is about 20 calories less than the finger-licking' good glazed ones. (hmmm...I might have mixed my fast food slogans here)
It also must be enticing as an alternative to the popular normal goodie as it boasts that it has l less fat gram and 1/2 gram less of trans-fat.
Does that mean I can have two and not get a sugar spike and gain three pounds?
Of course, now-a-days, when people see the word, "trans-fat", they should run, not walk away from that enticement.

I know where they got that word...TRANS-FAT = this food item transfers fat directly onto your buttocks faster than Mel Gibson can put his foot in his mouth.
If I'm going to eat a donut, and I am...it sure won't be a whole wheat one. Even the words, "whole wheat" give me pause to enjoy anything ~ and my over-worked guilt-meter gets dialed up higher than the voice of Tiny Tim as he tip-toes through the tulips. (Whoops, I think he is now pushing, not tip-toeing, up another type of flower now)

My guess is that the Krispy Kreme's stock is not going to "rise" with this new donut introduction. I think maybe the company's product development team is made up of some of The Apprentice Show's re-jects, some who actually believe that people who consider themselves a healthy eater, would even darken the drive-through of K.K.
I know that I order them and have them delivered in an un-marked brown paper bag.

Honk if you love lard!

No comments: